The Mowbray Kitchen is made up of a small team of chefs who create creative feasting for our very busy schedule of events across two venues.
The Mowbray Kitchen is a great place to work!
- We work flexible working hours - most of our events take place over the weekend, but shifts available during the week also
- Private events mean we can prep exactly as much as needed, so we are never caught out by a hectic a la carte service (or disappointed by a slow night!)
- Small friendly team, looking for genuine collaboration from a new chef
- Great ingredients to work with - we make everything from scratch
- We try to avoid 'all day' shifts and take turns having evenings off
- Our head chefs have a key role in the business working alongside the owners & head of house which means the quality of the food is a top priority and we have input in large & small business decisions.
- Expanding business - there are big plans on the horizon! Great chance to join a small independent business with real career opportunities in the pipeline.
Our feasting menus are all built around seasonal ingredients, focusing on great produce. Flavour is king in The Mowbray Kitchen and we aim to showcase ingredients rather than over complicate our dishes. Take a look at our food gallery here https://themowbray.co.uk/gallery/food-drink.
We are looking for a great chef who is available to work 30-40hrs, depending on business levels. We are more interested in finding the right person, and may be able to be flexible with the hours, pay and experience level. The role could be paid on a freelance basis, or we are keen to bring the right person on in a contract.
Our ideal candidate...
- Would be available all/most weekends
- Could work weekdays/evenings
- Would be confident working with fresh ingredients, with an eye for detail
- Will have a great attitude; able to follow instructions and use also your initiative
- Access to a vehicle/driving license (preferred but not a deal-breaker for the right candidate)
- Some prior experience running a kitchen - Sous chef or Junior Sous level would be perfect
- Be enthusiastic for seasonality and presenting creative and delicious menus
Interested in joining us?
It would be great to know a bit more about you.
An intriguing and luxurious environment set within an iconic waterside building dedicated to Meetings and Dining. Split into three rooms and packed full of antiques and original features including the enormous chimney soaring through the floor in The Meeting Room. The Chimney House is a quintessentially British Meeting House, which is an ode to the the City's heritage tempered with ultra modern essentials for creative events. Award winning and recognised as one of 'The World's Most Creative Meeting Venues" it is also the go-to place for opulent dining & feasting for all of life’s celebrations.
A brand new restoration by the award winning studio 93ft on an historic Sheffield building from 1889. The Mowbray is a state of the art venue for conferencing and meetings as well as dining and feasting for weddings and corporate hospitality.
A marvelously anticipated luxury lifestyle venue that hosts 180 seated and comes complete with a first floor roof garden and commercial kitchens.